Sunday, January 9, 2011

Creamy Greeny Guacamole Pasta


  • Tonight, I needed a fast dinner as time was speeding up just to to annoy me. Since I had an avocado lying in wait, I made my yummy go-to, Guacamole Pasta. It is one of the most filling, creamy, and delicious meals that makes you think you spent time on it when you know you really didn't. (HA). Worry not, it takes like 15 to 20 minutes to create. Now if you have only had your guacamole with your Tex-Mex and nachos, I gotta say, don't knock it till you've tried it.

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1-2 Ts of lemon
  • sprinkle of salt
  • sprinkle of black pepper
  • sprinkle of crushed red pepper or a shake from the "wish I had it", Six Pure Chiles Shaker and experiment with 6 different type of peppers (sigh)
  • dash of olive oil
  • dash of garlic powder

    Take a mini food chopper or food processor and blend all of these ingredients together. Now most of the ingredients are dashes and sprinkles, and most likely annoying you. Well take a closer look at them, each one of them is a preferential type ingredient. The amount of salt you use will be different from me, as well as how spicy you like your dishes (peppers). I will tell you I love lemon juice and garlic powder as liberal doses in this dish.

    Make a cup of pasta, and mix it into the guacamole mix. Dinner for one - DONE.

    Your Options::
  • Add some Parmesan to the top.
  • Add a few cilantro leaves in the chopper, and
    use to garnish on top.
  • You can use a jalapeno for more heat, but I'd still
    recommend the black pepper be included.
  • If you are running out of avocado,
    you can add half a SMALL onion to the chopper.
  • A tablespoon of sour cream
    can be added but you must up the spices too as it takes away some of the avocado
    flavor.
  • Grate some mozzarella on top (I love this).

No comments:

Post a Comment