- 3 c whole wheat
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 ts kosher salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 c lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 8oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer beat butter and sugars for 2 min low speed, until blended. Add eggs, continue mixing.
- Add vanilla. Then the flour mix, run mixer until barely combined, 30 sec.
- Add chocolate, mix until just incorporated.
- Cookie dough size is 3 Tb each, leaving 3" apart. Bake for 16-20 min.
I chilled my dough before baking for thicker cookies and better flavor.
*I also halved the white sugar and added a bit stevia. Now I don't remember the exact amount as I was experimenting with it art the time, maybe 1/2 - 1 TS?
*I sprinkled some instant coffee (Nescafe Gourmet Blend is my favorite when I can afford to buy it) in the dry ingredients.
*I added some grated coconut. Again no measurements on this, I just sprinkled some in. And boy did it taste good. :)